Question
Posted by: Meisie | 2008/05/29

is councelling good for broken marriage?

I feel that love is dead between me and my husband. i have never been to councelling before and i would like to know that , what is councelling, what can it o to my marriage, what will i learn from it?how does it change once life?

Anyone who has ever been to councelling pls respond.

There's no absolute answer to such a question. Unquestionably YES it sometimes helps a lot, and usually helps significantly. Sometimes it doesnt, especially if one of the pair isn't sincerely interested in being helped or in changing.

3
Posted by: Shana | 2008/05/29

Have been going for counselling for around 6 months now, it has helped me to understand whats happening in my marriage, made me a stronger person, made my hb realise that he is also at fault, and is helping both of us work towards sorting out our problems. I feel that every avenue must be tried before one seeks out a divorce. Good Luck Meisie.

Reply to Shana
Posted by: Mars | 2008/05/29

It is not a quick fix to anything! In fact, you go open closets you hope never to open again... Very painful yet rewarding experience. But the key is: You must want to get better. If you don't want to put in hard work, its going to be a waste!

Reply to Mars
Posted by: ME | 2008/05/29

Councelling helps a lot. Makes you know and understands your partner better. Its also important to go for councelling before you get married, but you can still go after marriage. And I believe that we don't go for marriage councelling only when there is trouble in our marriages, we can continuously go for it so that we learn more about marriage and get good advice.
I think you need to try it, then see what happens after that.
Hope this helps

Reply to ME