Posted by: Gaiv | 2009-07-14

Is all of this connected?

I' ve had stomach problems for years, but now I have so many problems all of a sudden. I get stomachaches daily, now I spotted a lump on my anus and I bleed a little when I empty my bowels (hemorrhoids?). Plus I have a yeast infection or something of the kind and cramping in my uterus/bladder. I bought Canesten for a 3-day treatment yesterday and used it before going to bed. Now I wanted to do it again and noticed some light red discharge on my panties. It hurt when I inserted the tube. I had sex yesterday before the first treatment and it didn' t hurt. But I wonder if condoms are causing this infection. I went to the doctor and had a pap test done just a few days ago also, which caused pain like a knife cutting me inside. It was a metal spatula. I' m waiting for the results but I' m so worried. I even wonder if I' m pregnant, even though we always use a condom. These are too many problems all of a sudden and I find no explanation for this. But I don' t have any of the common symptoms of pregnancy. I only kind of feel pregnant. But I' ve never been before and I don' t know how it feels. Now the left side of my uterus/bladder is hurting. I' m so confused and so afraid.

Dear Gaiv
I think you maybe have an infection in the uterus/vagina - but the pap smear will probably show this. Condoms won't cause infection. Candida yeast is "normal" in the vagina, it only causes symptoms if it grows out of control and Canesten is the right thing to use for it. The red discharge could be due to the papsmear you have and will probably go away in a day or so. You could have a hemorroid - try Proctocedyl for it.
With the chronic stomach ache you should maybe ask your doctor to refer you for a gastroscopy - maybe you have an ulcer.