Question
Posted by: can it be? | 2008/10/20

Is age a problem?

I just want to find out...im 25 and the man i' m dating is 49...is that a too much age gap? we are so in love.

There's no such thing as "too much" in broad general terms, so much depends on the characteristics of the individuals involved. Some 25 year-olds are more mature than others, and some are almost senile. Some 49 year-olds are more youthful than others. But the gap is large enough that there could be problems external to the pair of you, for ibnstance many people might mistake you for father and daughter --- are you ready to take that sort of thing calmly ? Anonymous and ? raise important points --- the more important aspect may be not so much your ages now, as your ages in 20 years time.

7
Posted by: mom | 2008/10/21

Sorry but his way too old, my son married at 30 his bride was 19, his now 34 and she 22 and feels she is still a teen, wants to go clubbing even when his at work working the night shift. She hasn' t settled.My son treats her like a baby, she can' t even function without him, must be told what to and when to do it.So enjoy your life while still young and get someone nearer your age group,that way you get to do things together.So I agree with some here, his way too old, has lived his life.Sorry.

Reply to mom
Posted by: Ya | 2008/10/21

I agree with all the above that say he is rather too old. I am 30 and I draw a line on 40 (and 29).

Reply to Ya
Posted by: ? | 2008/10/21

here' s another way of looking at it...he starts growing really old, and you' re still young. You then have to look after him everyday, and basically become his nurse. His sexual desires would have deteriorated, and you' re still horny. He would be retired, and you still working - this can affect the relationship. You may want kids, he may not.

So many things to consider. You may be in love now...but love doesn' t necessarily make a relationship work.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Anonymous | 2008/10/21

Rather go for a younger guy cause say for instance he live to the age of 74 shame you would only be 50 and a widow.

Posted by: oza | 2008/10/21

it may not be a problemno wbuit in a few years it sure will be as your man will be unable to accomodate your needs, I have had a similar relationship and it wwent well then was doomed re think this your are a baby compared to him

Reply to oza
Posted by: White Oleander | 2008/10/20

Isn' t Madonna dating someone half her age now? Maybe I don' t have my facts straight, I don' t know. But I agree with Me - give it a go. Women are emotionally way more mature than men their age anyway...maybe he' ll have a lot to offer.

Reply to White Oleander
Posted by: Me | 2008/10/20

No, just go for it, you only live once, explore the possibilities.

Reply to Me