Question
Posted by: Gale | 2009-10-13

Is a public Hospital ok?

I am 32 yrs old and the main bread winner. My husband is a full time student. We have been married for 3 yrs and would love to start a family. The problem is that we do not have a medical aid.

I have a big fear for a public hospital and if I and my baby would receive proper medical care. Would it be ok to give birth in a public hospital or is it better to leave the issue of having children?

Public hospitals have excellent medical care. It is the 'hotel'facilities- beds,food, waiting times, which are not so good.

5
Posted by: Angel | 2009-10-16

I gave birth age37 (13/03/09) to my last child. Gave birth in day clinic (Elsies River-CT). I was worried and scared because of my age, but they were wonderful. Follow up visits (check-ups) excellent! All the nurses helpful and professional. Big thumbup for Elsies River!

Reply to Angel
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-16

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-10-16

Posted by: Monica | 2009-10-14

I gave birth at a public hospital and everything went well and I was proud of the staff for giving us such special treatment from the day I was admitted until I was discharged. Don' t tell me that a lousy medical aid is getting in the way of u not having kids, they cant determine ur happiness. If u cant afford it don' t force it.

Reply to Monica
Posted by: J | 2009-10-14

Hi. Try finding out about Primecure medical aid. My sister has just joined and is pregnant and single,and says its very reasonable.

Reply to J