Posted by: sue | 2009-02-23

is 43 to old to conceive

Turned 43 feb.I had 11 ai treatments.Fell pregnant afer no4 but miscarried after 2mnths.Im desperate to have a baby.ivf would work but cannot aford the treatment.Is there help for in cape town.what do i do now and am i to old to keep trying.My periods are reguler.please please help me.

Dear Sue

In most fertility centres the cut off age is 45 and therefore I would believe that you still have a definite but certainly reduced chance of conception. If a full IVF is not affordable then you should consider the cheaper soft stimulation options, which certainly work well and are cost effective.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: sue | 2009-03-06

Thank you doc for the reply.What is a soft stimulation option,please explain.I had 11 ai treatments.

Reply to sue