Question
Posted by: B | 2010-10-30

Irritating tickle

Dear Doc

I have the most irritating tickle in my throat (only on the right side next to me ''adams apple) that I get randomly (upright or lying down makes no difference) and then have a coughing fit that leaves me totally breathless. I have a completely clear nose - no congestion or discharge at all. No cold symptoms at all.
I am an asthmatic and use seretide, but I have defin found that my chest has been tight despite using my preventer as always. I need my reliever at least 3-4 times a day.

I dont cough in between ''tickles''. Can you shed some light as to what this can be and what the solution will be?

It is possible that you suffer from chronic sinusitis with a post nasal drip and I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and treatment.

1
Posted by: Kim Sinclair | 2010-11-01

Hi there,

i have the exact same problem, I also use seretide and other in halents and mine was diagnosed as post nasal drip and I was given a nose spray which worked immeadiatly.

Reply to Kim Sinclair