Posted by: Nicole | 2012-07-25

Irritating Cough

Hi doctor. Last month around the 9th, I switched my air-con on at work &  its not directly in front or behind me so there''s no direct contact &  i switched off when my office had gotten cool. The thing is i ended getting this feeling as if the cold air had gotten stuck in my chest &  the Monday was actually my birthday &  i had ended up getting sick &  lost my voice &  had to be nebulized 3 days in a row until the phlegm has came out. The strange thing is it was only after I put on the air-con. I have arthritis so I don''t use my air-con often its just to cool me down &  then Its off but after I had gotten my voice back &  recovered, I feel like i never fully did because from that time till now I still have this irritating feeling inside me (my chest) the only way I can describe it is it feels cold like there''s cold air inside that irritates me &  I have to cough to feel better. Its a dry cold that just comes out as forceful, there''s not phlegm what so ever, my breathing is normal everything is normal I don''t feel abnormal. Just yesterday I played soccer for a while &  I''m OK but this irritation is still in my chest. What can this be?

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination. It is possible that the irritation is due to the viral infection, which can typically lasts four to six weeks after a chest infection. Your doctor will be able to advise the best treatment after examination.