Posted by: Thabi | 2011-10-19

Irritating cough

Hi Doc,

Please assist, i have this irritating cough for about a week now, it feels like my throat is dry &  it gets itchy, i think it was caused by the aircon at work, what can i do to get rid of it?

Your cough can be due to a multitude of reasons. It is possible that you have sinusitis with a post nasal drip. I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination to have a proper diagnosis made. It is possible that you might need a short course of antibiotics.

You did not mention if you are taking any medication but please note that some anti-hypertensive medication can cause a chronic dry cough.

Posted by: Thabi | 2011-10-19

I''ve been taking Vicks cough mixture &  some lozenges, seems to be getting a bit better, but my nose &  throat are still a bit dry, thanks though

Reply to Thabi