Question
Posted by: TB | 2010/08/06

Irritated stomach

Hi doc

I think I ate something funny around 4 days ago and my tummy has been a bit strange since then.

I don''t have diarrhoea, but the stool seems quite loose and as embarrassing as this is to say for me ... my anus feels a bit uncomfortable sometimes during the day, as if very small winds exit without me being able to control it.

What is this likely to be? Can I take anything for it?

TB

It is possible that you are experiencing symptoms of a light food poisoning. I suggest that you use Charcoal tablets for a few days, as this will alleviate the flatulence and draw out all the toxins out of your body. Drink a lot of fluids.