Posted by: Irritated | 2010-08-09

Irritated bowel?

Hi doc

For the past 5 days my tummy has been very windy and each time a wind comes out it feels as though it is wet but yet there is nothing in my underwear. The winds were initially small but now got a bit worse. I went to the chemist yesterday and they gave me Spasmo-Canulase 10 bitabs. I am not sure whether this is helping yet.

This morning when I had a bowel movement I noticed that I am rather constipated and I strain to get thin strings of faeces out towards the end of the bowel movement.

I think I might have eaten something that was a bit funny last week but this is uncomfortable for me. Am I taking the right medication? I tried taking Enos as well but it didn''t really seem to help.

Please doc, any advice will be appreciated. I am going on holiday in two day''s time and cannot really afford getting to a doctor at this time. What else can I try? I have no stomach cramps or any other symptoms, my tummy just feels uncomfortable.

Thank you.

I think that your symptoms (the flatulence and cramping) are being caused due to constipation. I therefore, suggest that you use Laxette syrup 20 ml, twice daily in combination with Softlax two tablets at night. This should soften your stools and clear your symptoms up.

Kind regards