Posted by: ibs victim | 2008-11-06

irritable bowel syndrome

I have been recently diagnosed with IBS, i would like to know, what can i substitute for breakfasts in the morning, as Milk has been signalled as a danger food, eliminating cereals,snacks,etc.

Plase advise

Dear IBS Victim
I am sorry to hear that you have IBS because this is a tricky condition to treat. I am not sure why you have been told to cut out milk?? Did you test positive for milk or lactose allergy? In this case, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), for an individual diet prescription. The dietitian will have to work out a diet for you that takes your milk sensitivity and the IBS into account, but still provides you with sufficient calcium for your daily needs.