Posted by: Liezl | 2009-07-20

Irritable bowel preventing exercise

Dear Doc. I have a wheat sensitivity and an irritable bowel. I also have a sentinal pile which I have been told is inoperable without causing feacal incontinance. Saturday I had a huge wheat muffin. Now I am suffering! My intestines are protesting from my stomach to my anus. Problem is I am training for a race coming weekend. But I can' t train - my intestines spasm and my anus aches like hell! What can I take for the spasms so I can train? Two Librax has no effect.

Hallo Liezl
My sympathies! Try Colofac/Buscopan for the spasms and Proctocedyl for the pile. Take probiotics 2 three times per day.

Posted by: Liezl | 2009-07-21

Dear Doc. My anus still aches like hell today (the sentinal pile). What can I take for pain relieve? And what can I take for the spastic colon? Kind regards

Reply to Liezl