Question
Posted by: Ray | 2008/10/14

Irritable Bowel

I was recently prescribed some anti-inflammatories for a pulled muscle and these triggered an attack of irritable bowel syndrome (I have suffered from ibs before but not for the past two years). My GP traced the ibs to the anti-inflammatories as the symptoms started the same day as she prescribved these tabs. She has put me on medication to relieve the ibs but after three weeks it still continues.(dyspepsia, bloating, burping etc.) How long does it usually take for ibs to relieve ? Also is there an IBS diet available on this site ?

Hallo Ray
IBS can be so unpredictable - please discuss with your doctor, she may need to add something or increase the dose of the current medication.
See http://www.ctds.info/ibs_diet.html for some good tips

1
Posted by: Ray | 2008/10/15

Thanks Doc - also wanted to know whether ibs can make you feel nauseous too ?

Reply to Ray