Posted by: lil | 2009-04-08

Irretation in throat etc.

Good day, id like to know if you can help: For a few years now i get these times during the year where my throat (actually more down towards the Trachea) feels as if it itches. If i inhale (i dont even have to breath in deep, just normally) i have to cough..its a dry cough and i cough so much that i can sometimes taste something as if it bleeding. My abs and my head starts getting sore from all the coughing sometimes.. :)

The first time i had it, it was so bad that i coughed right through the night and i could not speak cause i had to cough. Went to the doctor, they took x-rays of my lungs but there was nothing. these days i can feel something got hurt with the first time because that specific part itches when i eat cold stuff, when its winter, when i smell things like Spray &  Cook etc. Can it maybe be something that i am allergic to? or is there soething else wrong? thanks

Dear Lil
It could be an allergy or a post nasal drip or a viral infection causing this. Try taking an antihistamine and a cough syrup like Benylin Dry if you are not allergic to any medications.