Question
Posted by: Me | 2011/08/23

Irregular periods, want to conceive, ovulation

Good day Doctor

I am 30 years old. Were on the pill since I was about 16 years old. Married for 4 years 5 months. Stopped taking the pill end of December 2010. Period did not come until the 10th of April 2011 and then only on the 19th of May, skipped June in total, period came again in on the 6th of July and my last period was on the 14th of August, but for only 2 days. The previous months were a normal 4 days.

When is it considered as irregular periods? How will I be able to conceive if I''ve got irregular periods? How can I ascertain when I ovulate to increase my change of conceiving?

In February 2011 I was a bit worried and went to normal GP and he said that I had a cyst that are very small and in March I went again and the cyst were gone. My GP did some gland testing and all came back normal.

Is it too early to start worry about not conceiving as i''ve only had 4 periods since I''ve stopped using the pill.

Is there anything I can do to increase my changes in conceiving?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Me

By now your periods should have settled down after stopping the PIll. It may be that you have an underlying problem with ovulation. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist who can do blood tests to check for ovulation.

1