Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/09/13

Irregular periods on the pill

I''m on Mirelle and have been for many many years. I ''ve changed over to Melodene for about a year but then went back onto Mirelle but that was over 3 years ago. In April I didn''t get a period at all. Neg pregnancy test. Went to gynae for my yearly check up and all was well. He said that on Mirelle you can stop your periods completely. That didnt happen and I got my period for May, June &  July. Now in Aug again no period?? Positive preg test but neg blood and did another preg test which was also neg (must have been a faulty first test). Now I''ve got my period as per normal?? What on earth is happening?? Do I contact my gynae? It is just hormones? WIll it affect the pill? I have 2 children the youngest being 8. I''m 34. Please help. Thanks

It sounds like the lining of your has thinned out from the Pill and thus you do not always have periods.Just keep an eye on it for now.

1