Question
Posted by: Lesego | 2012/04/19

Irregular periods and trying to conceive

Im trying to conceive and failing, maybe too early to tell though. I was on dermatological treatment the past 4 months, which included some antibiotics. I was adviced to stop the medication if im trying to conceieve. I realised that i had a discharge, which was smelling funny and sometimes very watery and brownish. I stopped the treatment about 3 months ago. For those 3 months my periods changed. I would get my periods for a day mid way my cycle and then normally when its the rite time. I went to see a gynae two months ago and she gave me some medication, including Flagyls and Benadene Douche. I completed the course and everything was normal, no more funny discharge and i had my normal periods. Last month i had the one day period again midway my cycle, and we are trying to conceive meaning we have sex almost everyday. i then got my periods. I had my one day period again on tuesday, and im half way my cycle. I am worried that i would never ba able to fall pregnant. What should i do, any reccommendations? Is there something wrong with me? My gynae told me everything is ok then.

It can take a normal healthy couple up to a year to conceive.
The one day bleed at midcycle could be an ovulation bleed which is a good sign.

2

Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012/04/20

Hi there Lesego,

I am sorry to hear....

Is the period you get midway.. a normal period or spotting? If it is only spotting, then it could be from ovulation.

There could be other factors at play that cause you not to fall pregnant. Even male factors.

How long have you been trying to fall preggies, if I may ask?

You are welcome to join a group of ladies on the Infertility Forum... we are also trying to conceive and in the same boat.

Reply to Bee Sting