Question
Posted by: Confused | 2012/11/06

Irregular periods after sterilisation and the Pill

I was sterilised in June directly after giving birth. My periods are now irregular but more irritatingly, I spot for upto a week before actual bleeding commences and this is having a detrimental effect on my life i.e. for 2 weeks a month I cannot have sex. Would it be safe to go back onto the pill to regulate my periods? Can I stay on the Pill (obviously it wouldnt be for contraceptive reasons).

It is fine to go back on the Pill, but see your doctor first to exclude other causes for the irregular bleeding.