Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2011-09-18

Irregular Periods after Pill

Hi Dr. I was on the pill for approx. 8 yrs. I went off it this year around Feb. I got one period almost immediately after stopping, had a end period on the 4th of June for abt 4 days, and a 3rd period around the 10th of september. I saw my gynae in June, she said everything seems fine and that it should be regular after 6 months of stopping the pill. How long should I wait if it doesn''t regulate to go back to the gynae? Could there be something wrong? I''m not trying to concieve at the moment, but would like to try late next year. Any advice? Thanks!!

It could be that you are not ovulating regularly. This should have settled by now, so you should go back to your gynae.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-09-22