Question
Posted by: Ren | 2012/01/23

irregular periods

Good day
My periods have always been very regular. 28 days every month and I''m not on the pill.
For the past 3 months this has changed. First month the days beween the period was 20 days, second month 30 days and this month 20 days.
I am 43 years old and am wondering if this might be a pre menopause change or even related to the thyroid as my family has thryroid problems.

Periods can certainly change as menopause approaches. Thyroid problems usually cause either very heavy or very light periods depending on whether it is under or overactive. What you describe is not typical of thyroid disease.

1