Question
Posted by: LYNN | 2011-04-13

IRREGULAR PERIODS

HI DOC IM 29 AND I AM ON A TABLET CALLED RISPERIDONE. THIS WAS PRESCRIBED TO ME BY MY PSYCHIATRIST. I SUFFER WITH DEPRESSION SO THE DOCTOR SAID I HAVE TO BE ON THIS TABLET PROBABLY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. IT AFFECTS MY MENSTRUATION CYCLE CAUSING ME TO BE IRREGULAR. SO MY GP PUT ME ON A PILL CALLED GINETTE 35 A GENERIC OF DIANE 35 TO REGULATE ME. IM CONCERNED I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A BABY IN THE FUTURE WOULD I STILL BE ABLE TO FALL PREGNANT WHILE TAKING THE RISPERIDONE AND MABEY A POSSIBLE FERTILITY TREATMENT. IF I MANAGE TO FALL PREGNANT WIILL I HAVE TO DISCONTINUE THE RISPERIDONE OR CAN I STILL TAKE IT WHILE PREGNANT WITHOUT HARMING MY BABY. I TAKE A HALF OF THE RISPERIDONE IN THE MORNING AND THE OTHER HALF AT NIGHT. I ONLY TAKE 1 RISPERIDONE A DAY. THANKS HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOY SOON

THANKS LYNN

Risperidone can impair fertility.
ALso there have been reports of increased still births and a few abnormalities when risperidone is used in pregnancy. A disvussion between your psychiatriust and gynaecologist would be advisable to decide on the best medication during pregnancy.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-04-17

Risperidone can impair fertility.