Posted by: Madri | 2011-03-30

Irregular periods

Good day,

I went on the " injection"  last year in July and I stopped using it in January 2011. When I first started on the injection, when my husband and I had intercourse I would start my menustrual cycle and it would continue for the next 7 days. But now that I had stopped being on the injection everytime my husband and I have intercourse I would also start. What can be the problem? Can it be because of the injection or is it really serious? I at first thought that it was just my hormones that was thrown out of balance due to the effects of the injection but no I start to worry.

Please assist me and thank you in advance.

Bleeding after intercourse could be due to a problem with the cervix. You need to have this checked.