Posted by: Linda | 2008-10-30

Irregular Periods

Age 45 - From the begining of the year my period has been irregular. Jan -May I didn' t have and now from the begining of Aug up until now - nothing. I have noticed that my body does still go thru ovulation but no period. Please advise?

This is normal and probably means that menopause is starting.

Posted by: Su | 2008-10-30

Often when Women entering perimenopause often have irregular periods due to an imbalance of progesterone that upsets their cycle. Because progesterone regulates the amount and length of bleeding, periods can last longer and be accompanied by very heavy bleeding (also called menorrhagia or hypermenorrhagia). However, shorter or spottier periods can also indicate perimenopause-a woman will sometimes skip her period for a few months and then start a heavy period that lasts for days or even weeks. This can be a sign that a woman is entering perimenopause-

what is PERIMANOPAUSE?Perimenopause is defined as the TRANSITIONAL period from normal menstrual periods to no periods at all. The transition can, and usually does, take up to ten years. During the perimenopausal transition you may experience a combination of PMS and menopausal symptoms or no symptoms at all.

perhaps you should vist your gynea or physcian for further information.

Reply to Su