Question
Posted by: maree | 2008/08/21

irregular periods

i' m a 21 years of old and dont get my periods on a regular basis, i had this problem since i was 15, what do have any advice for me???

You are probably not ovulating. You should see a gynaecologist to see what the problem is.

3
Posted by: LL | 2008/08/21

You probably have PCOS. Like Stash said, go to your gynae so they can diagnose it and get you on a contraceptive pill to regulate periods.

You arent getting a period becaus eyou most likely do no ovulate - so the egg is never relesed...which can lead to infertility. It cant be cured, only maintained.

Im 26 now and have had it since 13..

Good luck!

Reply to LL
Posted by: Nicky | 2008/08/21

Hi,i' m 21 aswell, i also been having problems with irregular periods, but i used to get my period twice in a month, i went to a gyny and he precribed a contraceptive, its now regulated, visit a gyny is the best advice

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Stash | 2008/08/21

Hi Maree

Go to a gynae as you have to do a few test. You might have PCOS but go to rule this out. Gynae might start you on contraception to regulate periods, or if you are trying to concieve you will get medication to assist you.

Reply to Stash