Question
Posted by: Sherri | 2008/09/10

irregular period &  hoping to fall pregna

Hello,I only get my period every 3rd or 4th month.Was on pill from young age but have been off for about 3+ yrs now. Is this a hormone imbalance and will it effect me being able to fall pregnant as I am now 30 (also never been to a gynae) and getting married next year and would like to start family soon. Should i be worried? because i am.

It is likely that you are not ovulating regularly and will thus struggle to conceive. You should see a gynaecologist.

2
Posted by: Sherri | 2008/09/10

Thanks but what is PCOS?

Reply to Sherri
Posted by: Nix | 2008/09/10

Go and see a gynae now about it. It could take a few months to sort the problem out but that' s fine. with irregular periods like that it sounds like you may have PCOS. Rather get it sorted.

Reply to Nix