Question
Posted by: worried | 2012/06/19

Irregular period (1st time)

Hi. I''m 41yrs old. Exactly 2 weeks ago, I had my period which was a bit diff to my normal ones - heavier bleeding (with clots). I started light bleeding on Monday which turned out to be another period (I hope) but no clots. This has never happened before. I suffer from bad anxiety so seeing a doctor/gynae is impossible as I don''t leave my house. I''ve never been to a gynae. I hope the foll. Info will help with a diagnosis:
I am morbidly obese, single, no children
Meds: Warfarin (DVT/pulmonary embolism @ 34yrs), prexum plus, ciplavasc, glucophage, simvastatin,epitec, seroquel, nuzak, alzams,zolpidem.
I have always suffered from bad acne which comes &  goes (i still do but it was not as bad now). Due to being on warfarin the scarring is bad. I have acne flaring up every day now even my neck. I have pimples popping up on my chest but theyre not bad as my face/neck. Can you advise me as this is extremely embarrassing. My acne started flaring up a few months ago &  it''s now the 1st time having an irregular period. Can you advise? I might consider going if i only need to have a blood test done? Please be frank with me.

It is not possible to make a diagnosis without a full assessment including an examination. Your problem could be due to anything from the Warfarin to homones, to menopause to a growth in the uterus.

1