Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2008/06/03

irregular, painful periods

I've been using contraceptions for more than 10 years now (I'm 28), first for my skin, and then for irregular, heavy periods. If I don't use the pil I never know when my period is coming and it hurts so much I'm physically incapable of doing anything.

I picked up weight around the time I started the pill, and I have a real problem losing it. I diet and excercise, but it's going nowhere. I want to go of the pil to see what happens, but I don't want the heavy, irregular periods again.

Is there any supplements or other medication I can use to help treat these symptoms?

It sounds like you may have PCOS and this is causing the irregular periods. The Pill is a treatment for this. It may be the PCOS, not the Pill, which is causing the weight gain. Have yourself tested for insulin resistance.

2
Posted by: zabiliciious | 2009/03/05

how do i deal with very painful periods

Reply to zabiliciious
Posted by: Della | 2008/06/03

Hi, I am also 28 & trying to have a baby now. Contact your gynae as it could be various reasons. it is advisable to go for a blood test to check your glucose levels as well as your hormones & thyroids.

Reply to Della