Question
Posted by: Sad Sally | 2010/09/13

Irregular mentrual cycle

Hi there,
I hope you can give me an answer that will put my mind at ease.
I got my first period when I was 17. Since the beginning I was irregular. Going 3 to 5 months between when I''m lucky, but no exact pattern I''m now 26 and wanting a baby but have now been told I do not ovulate. My gynae said I''m not ovulating because I''m overweight, but I only recently gained the weight. I have never been treated for my irregular periods. Nov 2010 my husband and I would have been trying to conceive for 2 years.
I''ll appreciate any advice.

You should ask your doctor to look for PCOS. In any event it seems that you will need medicaiton to stimulate ovulation. Losing weight will also help.

1