Posted by: Brigitta | 2009-07-13

Irregular heart pulpitations

No history of heart disease in family, past few months have started getting irregular heart pulpitations, that last for diffirent periods at a time, first started with sharp stabbing pain in heart now just this..uncomfortable and makes me cough, I do smoke and have put on weight

Dear Brigitta
Please go to your doctor for an ECG examination as well as a physical examination of the heart. It could be a heart arrythmia.

Posted by: Esther | 2009-07-15

Good luck Brigitta. I have been diagnosed with arrythmia and after 1 year I had the ablation procedure (Nov08), not successful, I must add.
Currently I am on Tambocor 100mg (2/d)  Bilocor 5mg (1/2 2/day). I am also on Eltroxin .15mg, since I had my thyroid removed.
Lately things are not going well again and am suffering with anxiety. I can take 10mg Purata when I feel the need, but when I feel the arrythmia and anxiety bad, I can take 25mg Aterax.
Is this all ok to take, not questioning my GP' s perscription, but seeing the cardiologist can take up to 3months.
I sometimes wonder if it is at all good taking these pills. What is the other alternative?

Reply to Esther