Question
Posted by: Ken | 2010-05-10

Irregular Bowel movements

I would appreciate your help as it concerns me.
My girlfriend is 43 and has very irregular bowel movements. She struggles to go if I can put it that way, with the result that she always feels bloated &  lacks appetite. The last time she managed to do anything was a week ago which I would think is abnormal. She gets the feeling like she needs to go, but when she does most of the time nothing happens. I don''t feel that this build up of waste is doing her body any good. This is not anything new &  has been going on for a long time.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Hallo Ken
I agree, constipation is not good for you - she can try taking Lactulose 10-15 mls at night, or Fybogel orange or Movicol daily. She can also use suppositories (e.g. Glycerine ) or give herself a home enema if needed. She should drink enough water (8 glasses a day) and eat lots of fibre (fresh fruit and vegetables) and high fibre carbohydrates and avoid refined foods.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-10

Hallo Ken

Reply to cyberdoc