Question
Posted by: Mia | 2012/02/09

Irregular bleeding - revearsal of sterilisation ?

Dear Doc
I''m 46 years of age and entering my menopause. Problem: Irregular bleeding, uncomfortable swollen /inflamed feeling in my ovaries,bleeding after intercourse, unpleasant smell. I had my last child 6 years ago and had a sterilisation done. After the c-sec and sterilisation I had a terrible pain down my right leg for more than 8 weeks - more than the normal recovery after C-sec - could not even turn properly in bed. My q: could the sterilisation cause my current problems? Could the serilisation have been done incorrectly/tied to something that it was not supposed to have been done? Would a revearsal be a solution?

It sounds like your problem may be an infection. Bleeding after intercourse may also indicate a problem with the cervix.These are more likely than a problem with the sterilisation. You need to see your gynaecologist for an assessment.

1