Question
Posted by: Mon | 2010-04-13

Irregular Bleeding after stopping Injection

I stopped taking the prevention njection in November and since then my periods are very irregular. Actually they never last for the entire day but comes in drops every single day. This is very frustating as I need to wear a tampon daily as I don''t when they might start. Is there a pill I can take to stop the bleeding and then in time periods will come back normally?

This is common after stopping the injection. You could use a Pill like Biphasil for 3-4 months.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16

Posted by: Doc | 2010-04-13

Your irregular bleeding pattern can be due to the after effects of the injection. If you want regular periods, a contraception (pill) will likely be able to do just that. If you do not want to be on a contraceptive, your doctor can otherwise prescribe hormonal therapy to regulate your cycle (after ensuring that there is nothing else the matter).

Reply to Doc