Posted by: anne | 2013-01-31

My bf is an entrepeuner and works from home. Because he doesnt have an office a lot of meetings take place at this house. I dont see him during the week as I have my own life to live. Yesterday I asked him what he was doing in the evening and he said he had a girl coming round for a meeting as she was leaving for Vietnam over the weekend and she was going to raise awareness of his venture there. She was coming at 18h30 and they would probably have a braai. I felt really uncomfortable with this arrangement - why must she come so late and why must he braai for her??? He said I am acting irrational. So when he cheats, am I acting irrational too?? Please help me handle this situation.

Personally, I'm sceptical of the whole concept of "raising awareness" as a worthwhile activity, which is in actual practice often so very much less than it seems. If this was a genuine business meeting, why couldn't he have invited you to join in ? You're not being irrational, and although it may have been entirely innocent, its not irrational to find it odd and of concern to you. "You're being irrational" is, I find, a very common accusation made by people who actually ARE up to something naughty against people who are sensibly suspicious.
Discuss this calmly with him, explain why you feel uncomfortable, and ask him to help you understand

Posted by: Kelly | 2013-01-31

Sounds very fishy
Also why not invite you too since it sounds like a very informal meeting...

Reply to Kelly