Question
Posted by: MARIA | 2009-08-19

Iron deficiency anemia

What is the best way to get more iron in my diet?

Dear Maria
I trust that you are receiving an iron and folic acid supplement from your dr? To help with the iron deficiency eat foods that are rich in iron such as liver, red meat, fish (these foods are also rich in protein), egg yolk, iron-fortified breakfast cereals and dried fruit. Have a glass of orange or grapefruit juice with your breakfast cereal because vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron.

1
Posted by: SYLVIA | 2009-09-03

I cant eat rea meat due to a stomach operation I had. I have to get 3 ppint blood red cels and 10ampules Venofer intra every 6months to fill up my iron levels. My body just dont absorb any iron its a problem for about 25 years now.

How can i be sure i wont get leukemia of something like that due to the iron difisionciey?

Reply to SYLVIA