Question
Posted by: liz | 2009-08-26

iron deficiency

I have been experienceing hair loss for 2 years now. after numerous blood tests with the gp, Dernatologist and gynae all had the same conclusion thing were normal except for a slight iron deficiency. my gynae has given me autrin to take for 3 months.

I can only think that maybe the symbicord has a part in it as its the only medication i have continued taking daily.

How long before i should see results of the autrin do i have to take it for life? Also i was put on minoxidil for months as well as vigro i decided to stop all take a vitamin (nu hair) instead. Is it possible that the hair i m losing now is becos i stopped using these things?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Liz

Hairloss may recur after stopping minoxidil. In my opinion the combo of minoxidil and vigro is a good option, and I'd suggest returning to this.