Question
Posted by: Aliquis | 2009-02-22

Iron deficiency?

31 year old female on nur-isterate since 1993. Have put on 20kg' s in last 5 years, 10 of which was in less than 4 months time.
Healthy diet and exercise have no results. In last year had muscle or nerve pains (not sure which) - sharp stabbing pains that comes and goes in kidney area, sides, lower-abdomen, side of throat, breasts and hamstrings. Have " dead-spots/numb areas"  on back alongside spine. Very tired all the time  often depressed. Constant sinus drip (since age 9) with regular headaches and nausea (only with severe headaches) - usually brought on by nearby smokers (cigarette smoke) or after long work sessions in front of computer. Sinus tablets does not help and dries out nose severely. Had a lot of hair-loss for past 2 months. Insides of eyes are quite white (have been told it could be a sign of an iron deficiency together with the tiredness and hair-loss). Also have constant food cravings.

Can this all be related to the same problem, do I have an iron deficiency or am I just paranoid?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I strongly recommend that you consult an endocrynologist to start evaluating your complaints. I will appreciate feedback, in order for us to discuss the next route of treatment.

1
Posted by: Aliquis | 2009-02-23

Thank you for the advice.

Reply to Aliquis