Posted by: Celia | 2008-12-09

Iron deficiency

Could you please supply list of food to help iron deficiency in female aged 72

Dear Celia
If this lady is suffering from iron deficiency then she should take an iron-folic acid supplement like Ferro-Folic and also eat foods that are rich in iron: liver, red meat, fish, egg yolk, whole grains and cereals esp iron-fortified breakfast cereals, and dried fruit. She should also drink a glass of orange juice or eat half a grapefruit with her breakfast cereal as the vit C in the citrus helps with the absorption of iron.

Posted by: adele | 2009-02-28

I' m also have iron deficienced can you please help me. My doctor has put me on medication. What kind of food must i it i' m a vegetarian.

Reply to adele