Posted by: nas | 2008-11-03

iron deficiency

Hi...i recently tested my iron levels and the result was low- with a mild normochromic anaemia.
my doctor has prescribed Haemofer and another blood test after 3 months to check the levels again.

However i am concerned, as i have a combination of the following symptoms- not sure if they are related and would resolve with the current treatment.

I feel fatigued most days, or would be fine, and then have a sleeping very dull spell that would over come me- lasting between 30 minutes to an hour.
I experince tingle in my fingers, and have pains in my joints at times.
I also suffer with headaches that are getting severe- making my head feel heavy or as it i have some one squeezing it together from both ends.
i become emotional or irritable very quickly- for little things, and irritiable to an extent where i want to hit some one, and this is not normal for me.
I dont consider myself depressed or upset about something.

i am beginning to get worried, i dont want my behavior affecting my life...

please help, what else would you suggest?
my doctor suggested a thyroid test...

Hi Nas
You may have signs of underlying anxiety - combined with neck muscle spasm it can cause most of the symptoms you mention. Doing a thyroid test would also be a good idea.