Question
Posted by: Zee01 | 2011-09-01

Iron Defficiency

We recently discovered that my 3 year old and I suffer form iron defficiency...
She is on Ferrimed, 5 ml twice a day.... Her count was 3.9 and mine is 4.9.
Went to pharmacy to go get some tablets for me.
I took the Bettaway Iron supplement and Vit C 500mg which I take together, at this point once a day, but I am starting to think it is to little...
How much iron do I need to take per day to rebuild my iron levels?

Thank you so much!

Zee

It is very important to determine the cause of iron deficiency, as this is a symptom and not a diagnosis. The cause may need treatment as well. You will need at least 15mg of elemental iron per day. Supplement your diet with red meat, poultry, chick peas, pastachios, leafy vegetables, tofu, beans etc., as this contains a lot of iron.