Question
Posted by: HC | 2009-03-23

Iron counts

My iron count was 10,3, HB 11,4 and Ferritin 9. After Venofer, my Ferritin is higher (34), but my iron level dropped to 8,5 and my HB 11. Myprevious doctor (who passed away) always kept my Ferritin levels at 100. My question is, with only the ferritin higher and the iron and Hb dropping even after receiving Venofer, should I perhaps go for a second opinion. The symptoms I had before I got the Venofer are all still very much present. What should I do?

Dear HC
I agree with your, rather see a physician for a second opinion. Are your blood cells normal?