Question
Posted by: Megan | 2010/10/04

Iron

Dear Doc. I was told many years ago that I have an iron deficiency. I took Ferrimed for ages, but it worked out to expensive, so I stopped buying it. I was given 2 boxes of Autrin from my Mom, which belonged to my Gran. Can I take these, is it the same?

Hallo Megan
Firstly, you need to check that it has not expired yet. Secondly, it can be dangerous to take iron supplements if your iron level is now normal. Please ask your doctor or pharmacy sister to do your HB first or even better, have a blood test done to determine your iron levels. Too much iron can cause kidney and liver damage.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/04

Hallo Megan