Posted by: Psyopus | 2009-02-19

IQ testing

Hi, I' m 19 year old male, residing in Cape Town. I would like to have my IQ tested by a trained professional. Can you please advise me on how to go about it? Do I need to go to the hospital? Please don' t recommend any online testing as i' ve heard they' re unreliable. Thanks in advance.

Dear Psyopus
I think a educational psychologist may be able to help you. Look in the yellow pages for contact numbers

Posted by: Ja | 2009-02-20

But why? Would it make you study harder? What if you have always done pretty well compared to friends because you worked hard and now find out that you are below average? Will you give up? If its higher than average, will it give you bragging rights?
You should seek some psychological help to prepare you fo the answer - good or bad. Same as when you have an HIV test?

Reply to Ja