Posted by: jen | 2009-03-30

ipl laser ellipse

Hi anti aging expert. How many treatments of IPL laser ellipse is needed before i will see an improvement in my skin and pigmentation from sun? Ive only been for one treatment 2 weeks ago, and sadly the result isnt what ive been hoping for - i can not see any differance in my skin tone and pigmentation is still the same. My skin was very red after the procedure and then the spots went darker.
Should i give up on this or am i just impatient? Would you suggest more treatments of IPL laser ellipse?
Thank you very much for your time.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jen, thank you for the question.

An IPL treatment is a form of skin rejuvenation that uses light (different wavelengths) to exhibit specific effects on target cells in our skin such as pigmentation, superficial veins, and fibroblast stimulation.

IPL machines do not use laser and as such the only immediate changes one will see with this treatment is a mild inflammatory response, some redness, and darkening of one’s pigmentation. This pigment should lighten or even scab and fall off over a 2 week period. A total of 3 to 5 treatments may be necessary to achieve full benefits and in some patients treated changes are only seen after the 2nd or 3rd treatments. Skin textural and pore changes are only really noticed after the 3rd treatment session.