IPL and chemical peel

I spoke to you about my acne that won' t go away and you told me to think about Roaccutane. My doctor agreed and with you.

As I told you before, I had a 70% TCA chemical peel 3 weeks ago. The therapist told me to come for 3 rounds of IPL at the end f the 3 week period. I spoke to other beauty spa and the therapist specializing in IPL told me that if I were to have IPL now I would burn my face and would surtanly have damage for the rest of my life.

Who should I trust? Should I report the therapist for not having the propper knowlidge of skin and appropriate treatments that did the peel? She already lied to me about being a doctor. She only did a 1 month course on chemical peels. Where should I report this beauty therapist. Should I take legal action against her? What if she scars a other person for life! Is there a mandatory body that all beauty therapist must be part of by law? I paid R1500 for the chemical peel and it made my acne and scaring 40% worse My facial skin also tends to bleed excessively now. I thought about demanding my money back.

Dear Anonymous
I think you should get a written medical report from your dermatologist/doctor about the condition of your skin. Go and see her with this proof and demand your money back, say otherwise you are going to take legal action. They don't have to register at a professional board, so you can't report her to the health professionals council. You can however sue her for damages, pain and scarring.