Posted by: jen | 2009-08-03

ipl and bipolar

I have fine lines under my eye area and i want to know if ipl& bipolar (syneron machine) would be effective if i want to get rid of these lines asap. How many treatments would you recommend before i will be able to see a improvement?
thank you

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jen, thank you for the question.

The skin rejuvenation applicator on the Syneron eMax has been shown in medical studies to improve fine lines by 75%. A total of 5 sessions 3 to 4 weeks apart are needed to achieve this end result. If one adds Refirm skin tightening a further improvement should be achieved. Syneron’s newest technology the Matrix RF (fractional bi-polar radiofrequency) that can deliver both Fraxel and CO 2 laser like effects (skin tightening, wrinkle removal, and skin lifting) will achieve a greater effect on this difficult area to treat and may be your better option.