Question
Posted by: Joan | 2012/07/12

involuntary faecal discharge

I am experiencing an embarrassing situation where I have no control of bowel movements. Sometimes when I bend I feel I need to rush to the toilet. During intercourse I am extremely agitated in case an accidental leakage. I cannot feel the faecas coming out but have been embarrassed on occasion of unexpected evidence.

Joan

It is important that you consult a gastroenterologist for an examination. Poor sphincter control can be due to nerve damage or damage of the muscles of the sphincter. It will be difficult to speculate about the possible cause and you will have to consult a specialist.