Question
Posted by: Curious | 2011/03/14

Invitro and Hepatitis B

Hi, I have 3 children from my previous marriage(all born via c-section). I am a Hepatitus B carrier (but have not given this desease to my husband or any of my children) I long for a child with my current husband. I was sterilized and after investigationthey found that my only way to get pregnant would be via invitro. Please advise if I would be able to go for invitro being a Hepatitus B carrier? I am 29 years old.

Dear Curious

It is possible to undergo in-vitro fertilization (IVF), but the clinic will need to be informed, to take special care to avoid transmission.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/03/25

Dear Curious

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert