Question
Posted by: Curious | 2011/03/14

Invitro &  Hepatitis B

Hi, I have 3 children from my previous marriage(all born via c-section). I am a Hepatitus B carrier (but have not given this desease to my husband or any of my children) I long for a child with my current husband. I was sterilized and after investigationthey found that my only way to get pregnant would be via invitro. Please advise if I would be able to go for invitro being a Hepatitus B carrier? I am 29 years old.

The more important issue is the risk of falling pregnant after 3 caesareans. This carries a significant risk of rupture of the uterus in following pregnancies , as well as more difficult surgery with a risk of damage to bowel or bladder.

1