Posted by: Cici | 2009-03-31

Investment Foods

Hi, what foods should I invest in for ultimate weight lose? Would green tea help? I also heard that a glass of red wine after supper helps you lose weight. I' m so desperate and I am doing 30 minutes of walking a day on top of work and house work but I seem to be GAINING weight. What suppliments would you recommend- Herbex, Herbalife, apple cider? Help please!!!

Dear Cici
If you want to spend money wisely to lose weight then spend it on fat-free, high-fibre foods which have the lowest energy content plus fish, fresh vegetables and fruit like berries (which can be quite expensive but are very low in energy and high in protective nutrients. Spend money on fat-free milk and yoghurt (artificially sweetened or unsweetened) and cottage cheese to increase your calcium intake because research shows that a higher calcium intake improves weightloss. Green tea can be helpful, but rather skip wine and all alcohol as it is high in kJ (29 kJ per ml). All those slimming products cost a lot of money and usually don't do what they say they will do and have many negative side-effects. Check if your diet is low enough in energy to cause weightloss (6300 kJ or 1500 kcal per day) and that you are really getting a good aerobic workout when you walk.