Question
Posted by: Mary | 2010/05/04

Inverted uterus

Hi Doc, I wonder if u can help me, my Gynae told me i have an inverted uterus, at the time i didnt question him much but im worried what does this mean and how will this affect me later on when having babies.
Also my periods r very painful and i often have like clots of thick blood very dark in colour almost like black, what does this mean?
Is there anything i can do to avoid this from happening.
Mary

Do you mean a retroverted uterus? This does not affect your having children. If you have pain on the first day of the period and it then gets better this is normal. The colour of the blood isn;t important.

2